3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Artistic Nudes
  • Mind you, pin-ups are perfectly fine, as well as the "art school" type of thing. If you've taken a life drawing class, you know what I mean by this: it's not necessarily erotic. The usual requirements of good taste apply.

Here's a new one from me, since I need to catch up on my calendar girls!

Miss June: Syrah. Think warm thoughts.

* A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • But it can be tastefully erotic. ;)

Something I did and never could show anywhere else, because, well, it be a bit too spicy for Rendo or DAZ! n_n

A take on Rodin's sculpture 'The Eternal Idol'. I just call it: 

Eros.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 651K
  • That has to be one of my favorite nudes ever, LT. It's just gorgeous.
  • Aw, thanks! I enjoyed doing it too. Quite a challenge to get it 'right'. I just love Rodin. :)
  • That is just beautiful. If I ever get back to Paris, guess where I'm going.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • The one time I was in Paris (for 3 days, following a film festival I took part in Poitiers), I was sick as a dog with a sinus infection and a fever. I still managed to plod through the Louvres (sniffling all the way and stopping a lot, not always just to look at stuff). I spent quite a bit of time with the sculptures of the Greek gods (which may explain my other illustration series), which hugely impressed me. I did get to see the Eiffel tower (in the middle of winter, this was not the thrilling experience most have) and that was about it. I didn't get to see Monet or Rodin, which happen to be two of my favourite artists, bar none!

While I was in NYC recently, I got over to MOMA and spent some quality time with Monet's work there. Man, I could seriously spend all day staring at every inch of those gorgeous pieces! *sigh*

We are lucky enough to have a couple of Rodin pieces in the Art Gallery of Ontario. Adam is still as impressive as the first day I laid eyes on him. Oddly, when I did my sculpture course there, most of my work just gravitated towards his style (both in pose and form), which my teacher commented on. The odd thing was, I wasn't even trying to do that! It just sort of... flowed out of me. So it makes a lot of sense that many of my nude pieces end up reflecting his style too, intentional (like this one) or not.
  • I have a question... are full frontal nudes allowed here? Of course I am talking about men. :)

LT, this is a wonderful piece of work actually... very sensual. And woohoo Nano - thank you for a female nude where the boobs follow gravity! ;)

• This is Kry. I made his skin maps from scratch, based on a concept for a computer game character (a playable race mod I have created for TES Oblivion but I never published it)... It has been so much work to get his skin look right... but now I really love this guy. I developed his fictional race now too and gave him a background and also there is quite a few pics that I made of him... and here is one of my own favorites.

• Wow. Just wow. Stunning.
  • Equal time for men & women as far as nude fronts go, as far as I'm concerned.

And yes, thank you, I try to apply gravity where necessary.  ;)
  • These are all gorgeous works..  Damn.  Good thing I waited til I was home to look!  Imagine my boss walking by.  LOL
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Full frontal is allowed, fine, here is one... I´d describe it as an artistic pin-up of Kry. Gosh, painting his braid took forever... 

• Cat, Hat

Fedora.jpg
    1960 x 2000 - 1M
  • That.... is the cutest... !
  • :D  Lovely iceman is lovely!

And cute cat in the hat. :D
  • My newest elf boy.
    Wet_sm.jpg
    1118 x 1500 - 269K
  • Yummmmmm. And a pretty water theme, too. He could easily be a water elemental trying to lure one in!
  • Shantung.

"Buzz off. I'm on break," is what he's saying, I think--only it's less
    polite. Elves, they are grumpy, especially young ones. And they have
    body hair. In fact, they can pass for Germanic in a pinch, this
    particular variety.

I was fooling around with Scion, one of Dar's Digital Men (they're on
    ShareCG), since Dar is one of my pals, and by gum, this guy's attitude
    came across, so I went with it. Tawdry, weary, and yet dangerously
    seductive--yes, definitely had to render this guy.

What would an Elf who managed to get stranded on this earth do these
    days? They're tech, like demon tech, is Essence-based, much of it, and
    we have so little free Essence these days that it just doesn't work.
    Well, the sex trade is universal, and they have a religious tradition of
    "temple virgins," both male and female, so he might have gotten tired
    of panhandling and capitalized on his fairly bullet-proof good looks.

And, like Rakshasa, they're sturdy creatures and can take a lot of abuse, more than we can usually.

So...punk Elf exotic dancer. Hey, don't EVEN ask about the lipstick. I'm surprised he has no ink that we can see.

About the sparkle: Elves (at least in my universes) usually keep a
    glamour going that would allow them to pass for human--to avoid drawing
    attention--so you wouldn't even see the pointy ears. But when they're
    tired or startled or both, as in Shantung's case, it leaks. Their auras
    have refractive, headache-inducing properties. Not so much pretty as a
    defensive mechanism.

Production notes: M4 with Dar's Digital Guy, Scion and Azrael skin (DAZ)
    modified by Jim Farris' Ubershader skin system. My own jewelry and
    spiked bands; Love Poison set by Fabiana & Ilona; RDNA's IDL Sphere
    & textures; my IDL lighting setup; cigarette from The Cigarette for
    M3/V4. Rendered in Poser Pro2012.

Oh, hey, it's cocktail time. I wonder when he goes on the stage again?
    scion-elf.jpg
    1873 x 2000 - 462K
  • wooly!  Love his green eyes.
  • Ah, you zoomed in on those. I did a bit of extra on them, too. :)
  • He is stunning, Nan.  Absolutely- loved the green eyes myself, and that 'tude just oozes outta him something fierce!  *Grin!* That made my day, really, your render.  Thank you. *HUG*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Some beautiful work in here.  I haven't been rendering too much lately, but I did try my hand at a nude recently (usually don't mostly because the multitude of my Poser sins are more easily hidden by clothing lol)  I hate the ground texture, not sure if I mucked up the scaling on the texture or what, and the lighting is just meh.  Kind of like the DOF though, I usually do it in post, but have been trying to learn how to do it in Poser.  Anyway, if anyone can tell me what I could have done to improve this, it will be someone here. credits: Aly2, GND Anastasia, Merilia hair (with some transmap changes) and a variety of Lisa's Botanicals.

Paradise

Paradise.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 326K
  • Well, conceptually, it's great.  If you're wanting to improve the overall appearance, I'd swap out that ground texture for something higher-rez, and change the dark-green plants on stage left to plants that match the color scheme of the others visible in the scene.
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Thanks for the feedback Xaa.  I'll have to poke around in my stray texture folders and see if I can find a better ground texture and it shouldn't be too hard to change those dark green plants.
  • My favorite elf once more... :)

• Cave dwellers.  image
    cavedwellers.jpg
    1960 x 2000 - 2M
  • In honour of Chinese New Year and the Year of the Dragon, Lord Seiryu rides again :)

GodivaEasternSaddle.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 680K
  • O.O!  Keen!
  • I have a new nude as well... :-)

• Mmm, forced perspective. Nummy! And oh so frosty.
  • Greetings and Salutations all.  It's good to see some old faces and even better to see your fabulous works.  It's really great to see that the "group" has broken free of the Daz boards.  As a re-introduction to my work, I'll give you one of my latest.  This is titled Of Sun-Kissed Greens and Crumbling Stone.  Cheers!

• So, this started out as an exercise to figure out how to use Poser figures in Vue. Somewhere along the line, it turned into a piece that I am actually kind of fond of!

Another big, Rodin-inspired male nude. For those that like 'em furry and burly! ;)

First outing with Vue 10 + VueSkin. Not too shabby...

Click the image to see it full size. :D

vuenude.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 493K
  • PS. Nan, I *must* pick your brain on how to get rid of graininess in Vue renders. This was all set at very high levels and is done with Global Radiosity, but damned if I could get it any crisper. :\

It's not terrible, but the sky itself has quite a lot of grain and if you look close, the skin has a tad too much as well. The Vue render options are mind-boggling to me at the moment, as is the atmosphere settings. @_@
  • imageimageHere's an old one of Zeke, Kyle's boyfriend (I think Kyle is in the VN thread working late in the office)

I really need to get back to rendering men, all my projects of late have involved females, which is OK but it's more fun with eye candy whilst I'm working ;)
    BikerBoyWM.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 629K
  • Mavrosh said:

this one is gorgeous :)

I have a new nude as well... :-)

~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Darkothe said:

Greetings and Salutations all.  It's good to see some old faces and even better to see your fabulous works.  It's really great to see that the "group" has broken free of the Daz boards.  As a re-introduction to my work, I'll give you one of my latest.  This is titled Of Sun-Kissed Greens and Crumbling Stone.  Cheers!

pretty face :)

btw, how do i get quote person's text but not copy each pic each time?
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ladyfur said:

Darkothe said:

Greetings and Salutations all.  It's good to see some old faces and even better to see your fabulous works.  It's really great to see that the "group" has broken free of the Daz boards.  As a re-introduction to my work, I'll give you one of my latest.  This is titled Of Sun-Kissed Greens and Crumbling Stone.  Cheers!

pretty face :)

btw, how do i get quote person's text but not copy each pic each time?

After you click the 'quote' link and have typed your reply but before you click the "post comment" button, just click on the image that appears in the quoted area and press the 'delete' button on your keyboard to remove it from your post.
  • On the subject of toast...(referring to the DAZ Commons running joke)

(This was done quite a while ago, for the DAZzies.)
  • Nanobot said:

Thank you both for being reasonable about this. Disagreements will happen, and that's natural and normal, and I truly appreciate your being able to reason about this even while handling an emotional subject.

... which is actually something I treasure about the people being here. After all we are all adults and should behave like adult beings. ;)

There you go... a male pin-up I created a while ago.

Also... I do not know the "Toast" joke in the DAZ forums... I just know that about 30 minutes ago I was having a toast... but I bet I did not look that sexy.

• Somehow, people started using the word, "toast" instead of "male genitals" in the DAZ forum (possibly because one English slang usage for female genitals is "muffin.") and it just got funnier and funnier as people were variously complaining about forum nudity taboos, lack of genitals on figures, and so forth.

At some point Channing--who has done some work on improving the M4 genital figure--created this toast and jam set. I had to do this picture when he put that freebie out.
  • Nanobot said:

Somehow, people started using the word, "toast" instead of "male genitals" in the DAZ forum (possibly because one English slang usage for female genitals is "muffin.") and it just got funnier and funnier as people were variously complaining about forum nudity taboos, lack of genitals on figures, and so forth.

At some point Channing--who has done some work on improving the M4 genital figure--created this toast and jam set. I had to do this picture when he put that freebie out.

Wonderful... you know that it will take some time now until I do not have to grin anymore whenever I will have a toast with jam for breakfast? ;)
  • LOL - I know.
  • Beautiful render, Mav. Thanks for the post.
  • Which I read as "thanks for the toast"... What she said, anyway, both of you.

I do love that pic, Nan. *giggle*
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Toast ftw, haha... XD
  • Hmm.. If I can figure out this image hosting site, I may post something. :P
  • You can upload an image by clicking on the "Attach a file" link below the edit box--before posting or while editing. Then browse to the image on your computer and give it the OK. THEN after it's loaded, you should hover over the thumbnail generated and click on the words, "Insert Image." The forum will insert it and resize it for you.

There's also a little picture icon in the upper right of the edit bar in the comment writing box, and that you can past a URL into. Get the URL by right-clicking on an image and choosing "copy image location" or something to that effect (IE and Firefox).

If you know HTML, you can also click the icon that looks like a page with <> on it, and do it all there.
  • Hi DAG, new person! And if you still don't get the image right, someone will fix it eventually. The forum parents are helpful and protective here.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Oh, thank you for the tips!  well... giving this a whirl.
    Playing with Victorian style artistic nudity here.  Painted cloth/hair.  I rendered all of the figures and then layered them and postworked in Photoshop.  There was a painting called 'Mountain Mists' I saw that kicked off this idea for me.

Morning.jpg
    2252 x 1656 - 509K
  • Thank you Celticfire, I use it sometimes.  I got so tired of painting hair with that one, I haven't done one with painted hair since, but I need to.  Nan and Mavrosh are my hair idols. LOL

I like that one.  Lighting makes sense to me, goes with the background well.  One of irks is when an artist has a background like this and then the character is completely lit.. no shadows.  Here the shadows make the most of his sculpted form.  Did you do the skin yourself?  Very cool, love the blue 'freckles'.
  • My word, Delaney, that's a tour-de-force of wafty waifs! Hard work, but worth it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!