3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Do Cyber-Chickens Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • We showed Night Watch to our Russian students as something not-Soviet-cinema, and a number of them were seriously disturbed. Which really surprised me, because I thought it would fit in the dark-fantasy genre better as well. But I guess it's the unexpected and the juxtapositions that work.

I still have to see Day Watch. Must dig it out. There's a third book in the series, but they didn't make a movie out of it -- Twilight Watch.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Night Watch; not yet. *Grin* I will look for that, however, this weekend. Session 9 was alright, I loved Danvers. (Where it was filmed) and I haven't seen Creep. High Tension I may have, but I don't exactly remember. :D I will have to write those down and look- heck, I may HAVE some and not even realize. My DVD collection at the last count was close to 300- and a good three-quarter of it is horror/thriller. I think this weekend I may have a sit-down with Mark and take notes on a few of my favorites on lighting/setting/ "texture" of them. I've had this thing with Jack's West Park sets that I've been wanting to get outta my skull for a good two weeks now.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Darlin' goffyboi, plonk those critters right down in that thar Sci-Fi/Horror thread.

*points to dark, dank corner of the forum with bars over it and scuffling sounds coming out of it*

I loved Nightwatch, that was MOST cool and wonderfully different. Saw Daywatch, too...they sort of run together in my head. Vampire neighbors. *snerk*
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Nanobot said:

Darlin' goffyboi, plonk those critters right down in that thar Sci-Fi/Horror thread.

*points to dark, dank corner of the forum with bars over it and scuffling sounds coming out of it*

I loved Nightwatch, that was MOST cool and wonderfully different. Saw Daywatch, too...they sort of run together in my head. Vampire neighbors. *snerk*

Of course, dollface! *Cheeky grin* I shall do that with the utmost of pleasure once it is done and fini. I will look through le movies to see if I have any of those listed, and if not...I will HUNT them down. I shall. *Firm nod*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Men at night in underwear with guns? What's not to like? :D

• Nanobot said:

Men at night in underwear with guns? What's not to like? :D

Well thank you hun, and the thing that really surprised me about this one is that I used deep shadow mapped lights, which I always felt gave my renders a cheap, cartoonish feel, but surprisingly in this one gave it a very sleek feel.
  • Noir is about deep shadows, night, guns, and men in underwear.  :D  Beautiful skin, too
  • Awww. You're so sweet.
  • It's noir, in sentiment at least...

ContractForum.jpg
    1750 x 1750 - 2M
  • Murder is always noir. ;)

An assassin in green jammies! Woot!
  • Lemme dig mine up again...

Well, my noir detective found a less likely to have rope and harm dame to walk home.  :D  

aww, i like that. it's romantic in a gothic, addams' family, beetlejuice sort of way... :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • ok... silly question here... what is, 'v.n.'? i just have to ask...

wasn't it, 'chickenlips', who had the obsession for chickens?
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • VN stands for Virile Noir. A thread that Nano and I created over in the DAZ Commons.
  • ok, thank you, l.t. i'll have to see if i can find it... how many zillion pages ago did it get buried? lol.
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • It should pop up if you do a search. There was five incarnations of the thread.
  • Lovingly nurtured. As we say here (http://3d-noir.cooltuna.com/about), it was time to mature and move on from DAZ. I know I'll remember those original days fondly. It was a time of great growth! And we want this forum, in its expanded fashion, to do the same.
  • Ooooh Raetjor, that is a very nice scene! BTW lovin the texture for the Woodgod gloves! Is that yours?

• Ooooh Raetjor, that is a very nice scene! BTW lovin the texture for the Woodgod gloves! Is that yours?

Thanks. And nope, that texture came from parrotdolphin's dirty set over at rendo. It has tons of really usefull shaders in that bundle.
  • Btw I don't think it becomes obvious how short the victim actually is. Hmmm, will have to do a flashback sequence I guess.... New project....
  • Hah, I wondered. Can't tell what the story setting is for that assassination!  (Or is it, assignation?)
  • Raetjor said:

Btw I don't think it becomes obvious how short the victim actually is. Hmmm, will have to do a flashback sequence I guess.... New project....

Now that you mention that he's short I can see it in his build, but I couldn't before. He looked more like he was almost as big as a pro wrestler to me.
  • Nanobot said:

Hah, I wondered. Can't tell what the story setting is for that assassination!  (Or is it, assignation?)

yep, well spotted. I'm trying to flesh out the universe in which my boys live, hence the dark elf bordello and Daddy Deadshot. After having killed off the initial run of baddies i thought i need some new ones to put them up against. In the back of my head there is also still the notion that i want to integrate some trideo hole sports thing with a team of three girls on rollerblades, so quite a few ideas, plus there was the idea of doing the art collaboration with Mav, which she seemed up for but got postponed because w both had toom uch on in December and January. So, lot's of scope for new stories. A more mundane one is currently in testing for the lighting. I think it counts for "noir lighting", the way it looks at the moment, but we'll see. I'm not happy with some of the textures just yet. But I'm still fiddling, plus i think i want to put another child in the scene, too, just to jarr with the gear the kids mother sports.
  • Terre said:

Raetjor said:

Btw I don't think it becomes obvious how short the victim actually is. Hmmm, will have to do a flashback sequence I guess.... New project....

Now that you mention that he's short I can see it in his build, but I couldn't before. He looked more like he was almost as big as a pro wrestler to me.

Oh, this Dwarf can pack a punch; pro-wrestler, I'm not sure about. Uncrackable keg in a bar brawl? Most certainly!
  • LOL
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up mashing together, Raet.
  • Me, too. Last year at some point she had posted pictures of a Figment she called Baal.Who was some sort of AI or construct of an IC programme (Intrusion countermeassure), and since there is the troll hacker kicking a bout and two of my gang have cybernetic limbs it might be an interesting story arc to incorporate all these things in a big old nasty mash up in true cyberpunk style.
    Alternatively, her fantasy elves are just mind blowing ,so something involving them might also be an option, I'd leave the story telling there in her court. I think she is more up to speed than me when it comes to ideas for fantasy settings.
  • Raetjor said:

Nanobot said:

Hah, I wondered. Can't tell what the story setting is for that assassination!  (Or is it, assignation?)

yep, well spotted. I'm trying to flesh out the universe in which my boys live, hence the dark elf bordello and Daddy Deadshot. After having killed off the initial run of baddies i thought i need some new ones to put them up against. In the back of my head there is also still the notion that i want to integrate some trideo hole sports thing with a team of three girls on rollerblades, so quite a few ideas, plus there was the idea of doing the art collaboration with Mav, which she seemed up for but got postponed because w both had toom uch on in December and January. So, lot's of scope for new stories. A more mundane one is currently in testing for the lighting. I think it counts for "noir lighting", the way it looks at the moment, but we'll see. I'm not happy with some of the textures just yet. But I'm still fiddling, plus i think i want to put another child in the scene, too, just to jarr with the gear the kids mother sports.

Yay! Thank you for letting us in on this sneak-peek. That all sound *very* interesting!
  • I kind of envision elves (dark, light, wood, etc) as being the least sexual people in existence, because they're bored with sex.  After all, when you're six hundred years old, you've had sex with everything that interested you and a few things that didn't and you've done it so many times there's literally nothing you could do that you haven't done before a thousand times or more.

"Hey, Bob, look - a new Chevy!"

"Nah, I screwed a car forty years ago.  Boring."

"Err...  No, I meant it would be fun to drive, man..."

"Done that, too.  Even more boring."

"Ummm...  Well, the girl driving it is cute."

"Eh.  Done girls.  Redheads, blondes, brunettes, white, black, yellow, green, orange, red...  Yeah, done girls."

"Well, her boyfriend's kinda handsome."

"Eh.  Done boys, too.  Redheads, blondes, brunettes, white, black, yellow, green, orange, red...  Yeah, done boys."

"Well, the dog in the back is cute, anyway...  AND IF YOU TELL ME YOU'VE DONE DOGS I WILL SHOOT YOU DEAD!"

"Ummm...  Yep.  Cute dog."

Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • *snicker*
  • Basically, in any universe elves existed, the real challenge
    would be finding someone who wasn't at least part elf. ;-)

ETA - including the dogs.
  • Loving it , Jim.
  • xaa, rotfl! cute dog... too funny!
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • Ok Nan, I think we can all say that it's been a while since your last pic, and  we are ready for more pretty pretty, please feed us! Even if it's a wip, throw us something! lol
    :-bd
  • Well damn, that was supposed to be a hugz smiley but oh well, thumbs up works too!
  • LOL! I know it's been a while! My figments are going to sulk before too long if I don't do something.
  • I'll second that Please and add in a sulk of my own. :D
    On a side note- I've missed everyone! *Snag, squeeze! All around!*
  • They're alive!

*pokes self* seems I am too.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • GRIM said:

I'll second that Please and add in a sulk of my own. :D
    On a side note- I've missed everyone! *Snag, squeeze! All around!*

*tacklehugsqueezesmooch*
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

group huggs all round.
  • ok, here is my new one. funny how the boiler suit turned up, just as Nano was modelling one...

Who's a god dog?
    Good Dog.jpg
    2640 x 1980 - 990K
  • Awww..... Doggie forehead nuzzles....
  • Why are robotic animals always as cute as their furry counterparts? :)
  • dylazuna said:

Why are robotic animals always as cute as their furry counterparts? :)

Because we are!
  • hee!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • awwww. cute dog :)
    ~^..^~ ladyfur
  • LOL - I keep looking at those shorts in others' renders and going, "Hey, those are nice looking," and doing a double-take.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!