3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Do Cyber-Chickens Dream of Electric Sheep?
  • Awww, thank you. :D That was nice of you. And a good picture, too!
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Thanks, and you're welcome, :D It was no problem, ^_^
  • comes  in and  says  hi  and thanks  for having me over here  great start to the thread  :)   not really been rendering much lately     but sure  with a new home  i might be persuaded  lol
  • Aww. Well, you can render whatever you like, post scanned traditional media, if that's what you're doing, or whatever your heart desires, really. It's just nice to see you!
  • ok Nano  :)     btw  male  nudity ok  on this  thread  ?
  • I'd appreciate it if the nudity went into the Artistic Nudity thread--or any other you might want to start for nudes--just so I'm not surprised at work. Trying to keep the main threads reasonably work-safe here. ;)
  • Because Mavrosh is not the only one who can do dark skinned elf boys...

Meet Daddy DeadShotimage
    Attitude.jpg
    972 x 1152 - 782K
  • LOL! and the necklace is awesome, too. (Hey, I'm a jewelry 'ho, I look at stuff like that.) What a character--in many senses of the word.
  • "What a character", yup, I agree. :)
  • I swear he was flirting with me as I was putting him together. Expect to see more of him. He definitely is a firm favourite of mine already.

• OK Nano   not a problem   will do  ;)  Raetjor   he looks  like  he would  do naughty  things   ( not that i would complain  lol)  great contrast between the skin tones  and the hair  there :)
  • OK Nano   not a problem   will do  ;)  Raetjor   he looks  like  he would  do naughty  things   ( not that i would complain  lol)  great contrast between the skin tones  and the hair  there :)

you are right, there my friend he is a very naughty daddy.
  • One of the figments from my comic book. This is one of Tora's crew – Ushikawa Takeshi, or 'Tak' for short.

A former sumo wrestler who earned the nickname 'The Ox' for how he could plow his opponents right out of the ring. Unfortunately, Tak fell on hard times and was forced into a new way of life, as a yakuza enforcer. For all the heft and bluster, Tak is a rather soft spirit and so Tora does all he can to keep him from the dirtier work. It's his way of trying not to soil Tak's inner spirit. 

We see Tak, here, in his usual garb of choice, a yukata; a summer weight kimono that is usually made of cotton. 

This is my custom rolled character, using M4, with a Mec4D texture and Jepe's Body Hair. The dynamic yukata was kindly made by Nan and textured by yours truly (as you may have seen all the back and forth we did in the 'Making Things' thread). Garden is by Merlin. Hair and a few acoutrements painted on in post, but the depth of field was my first foray into doing it inside Poser. Not too shabby!

Don't forget to click for a larger view...
  • Wowwww....that's what you were up to this weekend! That is loverly! The bokkeh really sells it.

BTW...Tak is humongous, and that yukata was tailored for him, since he's a lot of F4! Love that character. <3
  • Awww! I want to hug him!

Is that bad?
  • He's great, BTW, and so is the yukata, :)
  • Wait, that's not a photo!
  • Absolutely fabulously done, LT!  Tak is...definitely a bear. :D  He does have that Hug Me vibe.  Though I can imagine...he has that "I need to run for my life" vibe when angry too.  *Grin*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Yep, Tak is huge at about 6'4" and well over 300 lbs of mostly muscle (with some tummy, but he's leaner and more toned now that he is off the Sumo circuit). And yep, he would be huggable in a good mood!
    :)

The render took about 12 hours to cook. Most of that time was the SSS and IDL passes. I just hit the render button and walked away. :)

So little post work on this, compared to my usual. Even the hair was a mere few minutes of work, which is blazing fast to my norm (his hair is pretty simple). The broken is the first time I used the lens flare filter in YEARS! But this was the time to do it.

Thanks for the nice comments. I am rather pleased with how this came out.
  • Wow. *Slow grin* Kinda makes you want to climb. ... >.> *Shushes*
    You should be very pleased- it's very well done imo! Now I just wanna see more of your figments. *brow waggle*
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • rather  sexy there LT    looking well good  and the lens  flare  is  a good  touch  brings  it more to life 

heres  one  from a while  ago  i  didn't put up  in the original  VN  place    know  its  not Noir   but hope its  ok ;) 
    tryout.jpg
    757 x 889 - 346K
  • *snicker* Well, it is "noir" in a sense... Nice in every other sense.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Let me see. "Do cyberchickens dream of electric sheep?" Well, he's no lamb, but he IS dreamy. :)
  • he he thanks  Nano and  surocheck  :) 

• Very. Hey, nothing to say we can't have a male pin-up thread. But I think he fits in here just fine.

:)
  • No reason there can't be a male pinup thread at all. :)
  • LT that is one stunning render.  Great character.  Use him more, please.
  • Oh he will be. And there will be more figments. I have two more characters to come up with than I have Tora's whole crew. Then they'll get up to stuff. a_a
  • I vote yay for male pinups! Great renders, guys, :)
  • Isn't that what this particular thread is all about? ;-)
    Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • It's more about storytelling with a male focus. That's what it was originally started for. The pin-up thread that RAMMWolf had going over at DAZ is where we initially connected, but Nan and I wanted to begin something that wasn't all beefcake (not that there isn't a place for that) and was more for telling tales with our illustrations or at least, more focused on the figments, etc. that we had. We got quite a few pin-ups in the thread, which didn't bug us, but it wasn't what our initial intention for the VN thread was for. I think we just became the known commodity for male renders, which is why we attracted a bit of everything. Heck, we were okay with it, but here we have the space to stretch out. :)

As I say, no need to move it or worry about it, but if you want a devoted male pin-up thread, go for it! It's all good. :D
  • It's more about storytelling with a male focus. That's what it was originally started for.

Aaaaah, alright. :)
  • Being as the whole Vickie-only thing in the render threads in the Commons seems to have vanished--and the male-only threads flourished--the original reasoning is a bit moot here. No need to rebel against non-existent oppression. image 

But I do know that Raet, Dar, LT and I like the boy-adventure render thread that was intended here. It's fun, and we got used to it.

But we have lots of room! If anyone wants a female pinup thread, go for it! We had a monthly pinup challenge, for several very fun months last year--which I greatly enjoyed. Go forth and mix it up! I know (from other conversations) that those who prefer to view the female form were feeling a bit left out. Please create what you'd like to see, definitely.
  • Love it! The lighting is very nice, :D Poser I assume due to the light coming off the heart? Lovely stuff.
  • Impressive, :) Loving the Gambit eyes, heh. 
  • Lovely shadows and figure
  • Mmmm... Gambit eyes. One of the next challenges for me to tackle with my ode to the X-Peeps.
  • Glowy eyes! That's neat!  The whole is a lovely icon.
  • Remy had always been a fav of mine. I had a few test morphs for that man years ago when I started out with Studio 2, but got disgusted enough to quit. I hadn't thought about picking that one up again.
  • He's majorly awesome from the neck up.  :D 

Might just be the lighting, but something's striking me as off about his torso... especially around the pecs.  >.<   I keep wanting to photoshop the sides outward and fix their angle.
  • Oh Yes, I had lots of problems with the torso area, the point light I used was causing these awkward lines to appear around his muscles in his chest and abs, still not completely happy with it but eventually threw up my hands in disgust and walked away lol.

Lighting is and has always been a personal demon for me in CG artifying, so I can definitely share your pain there.  Have more eyecandy to share?  *beg*
  • Nice one Lt. Roberts. I am always looking for more samurai and Asian things since I have to do a lot of illustrations with it.
  • Thanks! The yukata is only made for that character, but I think Nan has plans to go back and do a version for M4 (as it doesn't fit any of my other characters either!). When she does, I will adapt my textures for it. Likely, we'll make it available to people here, in some format. :)
  • Ooooh
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Hey, looks like the Prawn I rigged, too. ;-)
  • Oohhh keenn!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!