3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
  • I remembered who you meant-but not how her name was spelled. *Chuckle* I loved the old skits. Still do. Thanks for reminding me, doll. ;)
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • GRIM said:

I remembered who you meant-but not how her name was spelled. *Chuckle* I loved the old skits. Still do. Thanks for reminding me, doll. ;)

Clearly I didn't recall either. Lamont. Duh.
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • L;OL! "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. " There's a quote for ya! It's ok, doll. *Pets* We all have moments- I perpetually live in one. ;)
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • Okay, working on a new little project with Nan. We probably need another pair of M4 undies like another hole in our head, but it's good practice for us both (her modelling, me texturing). Here's a quick snap of what we got so far. I'm fiddling with textures still. Not entirely happy with it, but it's coming along.

imageimage
    briefs.jpg
    1231 x 1157 - 409K
    cu_briefs1.jpg
    800 x 513 - 180K
  • Looking good so far. I think the whitish seams need a bit more displacement, though.
  • I was trying something that I did on the Henley, but I think you are right. It really isn't working that well here. Needs to be more solid (right now if you zoom in, you'll see it's a stitch effect, but it ends up getting very ratty with higher displacement values). If it's more solid, the displacement will hold up better, as it does on the bottom of the shorts and on the waistband.
  • Maybe just a hint more?  Looking good so far, though!  Good teamwork, you two. :D
  • GRIM said:

L;OL! "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. " There's a quote for ya! It's ok, doll. *Pets* We all have moments- I perpetually live in one. ;)

OOoooh!!! I love this one.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Nanobot said:

GRIM said:

I remembered who you meant-but not how her name was spelled. *Chuckle* I loved the old skits. Still do. Thanks for reminding me, doll. ;)

Clearly I didn't recall either. Lamont. Duh.

Also why my Google-fu failed.

Mmmyep. sounds like me.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • surochek said:

GRIM said:

L;OL! "From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. " There's a quote for ya! It's ok, doll. *Pets* We all have moments- I perpetually live in one. ;)

OOoooh!!! I love this one.

I did too!  I was snickering when I found it- had to share!  As for Google-fu, I remembered who Nan was talking about, and once I realized the spelling didn't work I just Googled Marx.  XD  Found her then!  Man, that woman was a hottie when she was young.
  • I think Ms. Dumont was very impressive, and an indispensable foil. I've always admired her.
  • *flattered*  But truly, cluelessly funny appears to be me. Or is that funny by logic?
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • *hugs* the Surochek
  • Here's the final. Had to pay closer attention to what my briefs look like! But I got it where I wanted it. :)

PS. If you click on the image, it'll give you a larger view.

imageimageimage
    briefs_CU_fnl.jpg
    1509 x 1162 - 911K
    back_cu.jpg
    1298 x 1162 - 727K
    briefs1.jpg
    1342 x 1162 - 398K
  • Wow! That's pretty awesome, LT. :D
  • Wow. Awesome sums it up. Great work on those seams, my friend. Btw, is anybody interested in getting the red and gold chia mail set for the slicer outfit?
  • Good job on the undies Nan & LT!

I'd definitely be interested in the slicer chaimail Raet.  I use slicer quite a lot.
  • Hit the wrong button here. Move along. Nothing to see. No, really, absolutely nothing.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • *looks around, finds her bearings*  Oh yeah! Me too! I'd love some chain mail textures! Slicer is a garment.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Duh. Slicer IS a garment. It's also a GREAT garment.
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • Okeydokey, i'm on to it. The texture works quite well but I'm going to have another look at it. At the moment I think its either the texture map or the the displacement isn't quite right, the outermost chain links aren't bevelled although they should be. Once I've gotten to the hard of that I'll figure out how to export the mat pose etc. if anybody can talk me through that I shall deliver.
  • Lots of nice looking stuff in here. :)
  • Thanks, Zaarin. We've been rather busy lately, too. Hopefully some of this will be put up for freebies at some point--well, the undies, certainly. Always need clean ones.

Raet, I can help with Poser mat poses, if you need. Studio, not so much. ;)
  • That'd be much appreciated. Dunno about DS myself as I don't use it, so all I can think of there is to pass the bug on to somebody who knows like Wayii.
  • And because Nano requested them (and she needs a smile right now)... I give you pink and red heart undies! :D

• Awww... Well done!
    Suspiro ergo sum.
  • They make me laugh, too. I got my first smile of the afternoon with those.
  • Those are great, LT!  Love the textures.  *Grin* Now, if you can make a pair of Invader Zim's, I might have to steal'em. 
  • This was more what I had in mind for shorts with hearts. Red with little pink hearts! :P Modeled by Ian, to whom they belong.

red-w-pink-hearts.jpg
    613 x 628 - 34K
  • GRIM said:

Those are great, LT!  Love the textures.  *Grin* Now, if you can make a pair of Invader Zim's, I might have to steal'em. 

Copyright issue, yanno? But you find me a pic, I'll stick it on them. *giggle*
  • I'm also rather partial to the blue tribal. Something went awry on that waistband...oh well.

blue-tribal.jpg
    579 x 605 - 30K
  • Holy cow! Those undies look great, but they're on the proverbial wishlist till I get Poser, but that body texture! YUM! Those veins look really, really nice, :) May I ask who and what?
  • The underpants are regular conformers and the texture isn't complex. Should work in Studio.

The guy is Illusion Design's Kitt for M4, with the M4 Displacement Maps (from DAZ). Same ol', really. :)  Kitt is a good surfer-blonde textures.
  • A little more progress. Oh, Dar? Back and forth between Silo and Modo...Pulling vertices out of the underlying mesh is NOT so easy in Modo. Well, not obviously. See me pulling vertices forever...

1-16-2012 2-48-43 PM.jpg
    550 x 572 - 58K
  • Nanobot said:

A little more progress. Oh, Dar? Back and forth between Silo and Modo...Pulling vertices out of the underlying mesh is NOT so easy in Modo. Well, not obviously. See me pulling vertices forever...

O.o.......I lurve you? *CheeseGrin!* >.> They look awesome so far! They really do! I highly admire your vertice-foo.
    I's very excited. *HEEI*
  • Ah, so that's a step in the right direction. Now, how would the fly open (if at all) in such trousers? Zip front? or something else. I suppose I could do...a button flap...*snicker* No, let's not make this easy, shall we?

PS - my proudest moment was actually getting mesh tied in a REAL square knot. Heh. Not real tight at the moment, but that can be adjusted.
  • Well. The ones I wear have to be unlaced at either side to be able to slide them out of the way for 'business'. That's fetish wear for you- not so easy in or out. Now, if these are going to be easy on our figments, perhaps a seam indicating a hidden buttonfly- rather than going about the trouble of making them? Like in button-fly jeans, the buttons are hidden and all you get to see is the flap of fabric over them? Would that work?

How the .. That's pretty darn cool, that square knot. I can't even smooth out a ball and make it into a skull yet. I've tried. I..........sucketh.
  • Oh! I thought the undies were dynamic, :-P Fabulous! *makes grabby paws*

Kitt? Where may I find him? I like him, :)
  • Let me find you a link for Kitt. They have very few male characters, but they're all pretty good.
  • Dar---sure, I can do a fly. No prob.:D  THAT is easy. Adjusting 32 grommets, that a little tedious.
  • Here are all the Illusions Designs guys: http://illusions-designs.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=62_128

When you see Kitt, middle of the page, you'll see why I had to use him for Ian. I don't use the morphs, mostly, but that's as may be.

My guy, Ian, for reference:

Ian-fireplace.jpg
    1772 x 1700 - 459K
  • Mind you, I used M4 Hairy (by Jepe) on him there as well. Too bad M4 Hairy looks a bit harsh with the new Ubershader. :(
  • Ah, holiday fun when my baby's away... screen capture from Silo. The colors are material zones.

1-16-2012 10-42-50 PM.jpg
    524 x 651 - 68K
  • Nicely done. :)
  • Thanks. I hope it's not a total beast to conform...shouldn't be. I hope. Bang on wood.

One of the reasons for side laces is to avoid the grouping seams! 

Also, after a few hours pushing & pulling verts, I feel like an ant that's been crawling around in his pants. Very odd. Hey, maybe ants are just cosmic vert-pushers....Naw.
  • Nanobot said:

Mind you, I used M4 Hairy (by Jepe) on him there as well. Too bad M4 Hairy looks a bit harsh with the new Ubershader. :(

Shame that... but I love the picture regardless. Say Nano, you've been talking about Jim's uebershader for a while now, are you testing it? Plus what does it actually do? Btw I used D3d-s Pretty skin python script to make my new black skinned beau (and a freebie skin texture plus I think displacement maps that came from a jepe's set for the veins).

• Raetjor said:

...what does it actually do?

Magic.

Jim Farris, Author, Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Magic.

Guess which M4 character this is?

Oh, wait, my bad - that's Michael 3 Reduced Resolution.

Magic.
  • Bottom line:  It's a highly-complicated shader setup for Poser Pro 2012 I've been passing around on the QT because I don't want it to get loose and have just everyone use it.  After all, if I wanted the whole community to have it, I'd already have posted it over on ShareCG.  I'll PM it to you and you can play with it.  Please note, however:  This is not a "plug and play" thing, it takes quite a bit of tweaking to use.
  • Sent.  Enjoy. =)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!