3d-NOIR IS BACK! Yes, we're back in business. We were OUT of business because of spam applicants. Membership is by invitation only now, for that reason. Members may invite others through their accounts page. Want to join the discussions? Ask a member. :) Note that everyone who WAS a member is STILL a member.
Welcome to the (Concrete) Jungle
  • *blink* And it's five o'clock. Holy cow.

Just posted an update to Das Booties for the testers. *phew*

And discovered that my gas grill is NOT broken. There was a safety valve being too safe. *phew^2* Now there is an 80% chance of relatives and only 60% chance of rain on Saturday...
    * A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five!
    * Isn't it wonderful how cute weapons of mass distraction can be?
    * Those are my principles. And if you don't like them, I have others.
  • Good afternoon. :)
  • Hnnn....*FLOP*

"I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • *also flops* Hey, y'all.
  • I envision the flop as being pointed toward a couch or comfy chair, but otherwise exactly like my cats do: they walk along and then drop sideways onto the floor. Then I come into the room to find dropped cats lying about randomly. It's most disconcerting.

I call them "drop cats", which are no threat at all, as opposed to drop bears.

I imagine drop gothbois to be likewise mellow.

*serves coffee*
  • Hey, all!  I've got some lime cookies to go with your coffee, Nan!  How's the testing for the boots going?

Hmm, drop cats, I think I just saw one of those around here somewhere, at the top of the stairs.  I believe he's looking for food.

Thanks for the welcome, Terre!  I'm trying to get caught up in all the forums, DA, emails, etc. today  Just not enough time in a day.  XD

• *flop*
    A little over nine hours at work. Much of it on my feet. At least tomorrow I'm off. :)
    Hi Shanarah. Lime cookies sound interesting.
  • Good morning. :)
  • Mellow to the point of dozing.  *Smirk*  I had to go lay down again- the migraine just wouldn't leggo yesterday.
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it. " Mark Twain.
  • OH! FYI-I'll be visiting family Wed to next Wed, so if anyone needs me, you're gonna have to email me at carriondualities@yahoo.com.  I won't have a 'puter.
  • Have fun. :)
  • *Staggers into forum* Ah, no Dar this week.  Greetings, forumites, wherever you're hiding.
  • At that time I'd been at work for a little over 4.5 hours. :)

I wonder how Raet is doing. Been quite a while since I've seen him around.
  • WOOT! http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/goth-boots-for-m4/110635

They went into the store with nary a peep, thanks to ALL OF YOU!
  • Terre said:

At that time I'd been at work for a little over 4.5 hours. :)

That's because you go to work with the chickens. I mean, you're up with the chickens! (You don't work with chickens, do you?)
  • Not live ones, no. LOL
    I do get up most mornings not long after the roosters we used to have would start crowing though.
  • Nanobot said:

WOOT! http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/goth-boots-for-m4/110635

They went into the store with nary a peep, thanks to ALL OF YOU!

Yay!
  • Terre said:

Not live ones, no. LOL
    I do get up most mornings not long after the roosters we used to have would start crowing though.

Yep. Getting up with the chickens.

Oh, hey! We discovered that the city of Rockville *does* allow up to 5 female chickens in a sanitary, predator-proof coop, with a $25/year fee. And a couple of other conditions about distance from dwellings and neighbors.

I could have chooks!
  • Predator proof is a big thing, yes. Especially since you arn't allowed to have noise makers to protect the egg layers.Otherwise the cats that people allow to wander as well as the strays and what ever wild life is in the area might decide to have a chicken dinner.
  • Hey ho.

So...I send off my big desktop to its Mother (Maingear) for repairs as soon as I get the packaging. :(  I may be up to three weeks without it. My lappie is good for the basics, but no Poser. I *do* have Photoshop and modo on here, at least. No Zbrush, no Poser. *sniffle* It's making me itch already.
  • Terre said:

Predator proof is a big thing, yes. Especially since you arn't allowed to have noise makers to protect the egg layers.Otherwise the cats that people allow to wander as well as the strays and what ever wild life is in the area might decide to have a chicken dinner.

And then I think, "I already have three other noisy people in the house that want my constant attention," meaning two cats and one Kay. It's what kept me from a parrot years ago. I need to learn more, but two hens would take care of the kitchen scraps and provide eggs and fertilizer.

How the heck do you compost the poo without stinking yourself out of existence?
  • Eggs from hens that eat bugs and plants in addition to chicken scratch and layer ration have an orange yolk instead of a yellow one and are actually edible. I guess the higher vitamin content or something makes them taste OK to me while I don't care for "factory farm" eggs unless they are in omelets or something.
  • *pokes forum*
    Good morning! Anyone home?
  • I'm so glad they went in with nary a peep!  I've used them in the newest render for Trystan!

I've decided to let him go and post his Iray shader materials as a freebie-people will have to have the Poser version of him, but this saves me from having to do another completely different freakin' package.
    das boots.jpg
    741 x 1200 - 365K
  • Looks great!
  • They look pretty darn good in iray!  And Trystan just gets better. You did such a wonderful job on him! He's Alex's new look.

Now, if my Computah would just come home safely from being repaired, I could poserize again. :(  Until then, maybe I'll digital paint....
  • {{hugs}}
  • LOL yeah.  Trystan is so pretty that he even looks good in Iray.  ;)  But trust me to become distracted by hardwood textures.  We're goin gto be ripping out the main floor carpets and replacing most of them with a handscraped oak hardwood that looks rather similar to that. 
  • Wayii said:

LOL yeah.  Trystan is so pretty that he even looks good in Iray.  ;)  But trust me to become distracted by hardwood textures.  We're goin gto be ripping out the main floor carpets and replacing most of them with a handscraped oak hardwood that looks rather similar to that. 

Oh, cool. Actually, I'm an architecture buff, too. So, yes, I can always be distracted by materials.

Like, jeez, Fabiana has two more texture/ prop sets out. *drool*
  • Nanobot said:

Wayii said:

LOL yeah.  Trystan is so pretty that he even looks good in Iray.  ;)  But trust me to become distracted by hardwood textures.  We're goin gto be ripping out the main floor carpets and replacing most of them with a handscraped oak hardwood that looks rather similar to that. 

Oh, cool. Actually, I'm an architecture buff, too. So, yes, I can always be distracted by materials.

Like, jeez, Fabiana has two more texture/ prop sets out. *drool*

I know.  I'm drooling.  But I can't really splurge much for a few weeks (you don't want to know how much taking out the abscess tooth and putting in an implant is going to be running) so I'm going to have to decide between that and the Forestalls over on RDNA and then cool it again for a while so we can afford to finish the current round of renovations.
  • Nanobot said:

They look pretty darn good in iray!  And Trystan just gets better. You did such a wonderful job on him! He's Alex's new look.

Now, if my Computah would just come home safely from being repaired, I could poserize again. :(  Until then, maybe I'll digital paint....

Awww....Thank you!  That, to me, is an honor!  I'm so glad he's so well liked...and just as glad I'm done with him now.  As for hardwood floors, I do love a dark hardwood. I miss the house I grew up in-the wood was everywhere.
  • *waves*
  • morning!
  • It's been a good day indeed. :) We actually got some rain instead of a sprinkle.
  • *pokes forum* Good evening. :)
  • OK, now you're just being silly. :)

For the record, modeling eyelids is not as easy as it looks. *glower*
  • *snicker*
    Good luck.
  • You can do it!  You can do it!
  • Heh. I found a couple of different ways to do it in the Digital tutors lesson. Gotta love videos for this sort of thing.
  • If anyone wonders why the site went down today, it was a DDoS attack on our shared server.

• Good morning.
    I have another friend whose site has been having problems that he can't explain. I wonder if that site is in the same situation.
  • Well, the first thing I do is to go to the control panel for the site, and then to support to see if there are server issues. It's the most likely thing.

Could be that the provider upgraded his software beyond what his forum/site is capable of using, too.
  • So....sick.  Can't hear out of either ear, damn near deaf.  I can hear loud (Horns) sounds, but everything else is as if my head is underwater in a pool.  My equilibrium is off, and I can't stop sleeping.  Every joint aches.  I can't eat.  

Yet.  I'm still driving, going to work, and trying to get crap done.

I think I'd be better off with someone taking me out to a field today.
  • GRIM said:

So....sick.  Can't hear out of either ear, damn near deaf.  I can hear loud (Horns) sounds, but everything else is as if my head is underwater in a pool.  My equilibrium is off, and I can't stop sleeping.  Every joint aches.  I can't eat.  

Yet.  I'm still driving, going to work, and trying to get crap done.

I think I'd be better off with someone taking me out to a field today.

I think a bed and a whole lot of Nyquil would be more effective!  *hugs*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!